Second Tutorial- Development of Ideas

At the start of this tutorial, I began by showing my tutor some of the work I had completed the past week.

We both believe that I've started to find my drawing voice through collage work. She stated how successful my sketchbook work using various scanned pages combined together had been.

The collage work I have produced is exciting, and my tutor described my work as having a kind of 'energy' which is really interesting.


We discussed how my work so far almost reflects a kind of 'surgery stitching' feel. An idea of mending and tearing and patching lends itself well to my drawing outcomes. On reflection perhaps this would be an interesting concept to follow through within my exploration and sampling.


Taking this into consideration, Elnaz discussed some techniques to explore leading on from this tutorial. This included using digital embroidery to use dissolvable fabric as a way of creating delicate cutouts/ patterns to layer with.


She also suggested applique to translate mixed media collage, possibly ripping fabric and using the herringbone/ladder blanket stitch the reflect expressive mark-making.

This tutorial has provided me with ideas that I'm excited to explore, and has made me have strong confidence on the success of my collage work, and how I can push this further.

Comments

Popular Posts